Grand Rounds Features Fitness Fixer Recycling on G... Healthful Real Food Tastes Good - No Commercial He... Fast Fitness - Pro-Social Behavior Improves Health... Health Homework Becomes AntiObesity Chronic Diseas... Thank You Grand Rounds 5.31 Birthday Edition All the More Reason To Try - Exercise to Overcome ... Fast Fitness - Add Balance, Stability, and Portabi... Who We Read - Using Fitness Fixer for More Thank You Grand Rounds Pharmamotion Happy Tax Day August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010

Do Body Building and Vegan Go Together?

Jolie Bookspan, M.Ed, PhD, FAWM
Here is the latest fun update from Robert Davis on losing fat and increasing strength and flexibility. He has been sending success after success using Fitness Fixer techniques:
"I have noticed a big improvement since I started in my flexibility. I noticed this the other day when I realized just how much farther I can stretch now. I could not lower completely into a sitting squat without tipping before. Now I can and it sure as heck makes working in really low areas for a longer time very easy without resorting to bending (bad weighted flexed) which I refuse to do at all now.

"I have seen increases in all areas of stretching. I see that it just takes time and consistency.

Guitar Hero guitar bag


"Since I am a musician, I carry a guitar bag everywhere. I decided to make a "portable" gym. Got a pull-up bar that goes in doors (removes and mounts quickly) and my guitar bag. That is all I need. I fill the bag with random objects to add weight and strap it on (like a backpack) and do everything from the books with increased weight and also pull-ups of all kinds of grips/variations for more challenge. You mentioned the wall handstand pushups and this reminded me of that. I strap my weighted bag to my back and do those now too. No need to go to the gym =P

"PS my friends think the wall stand pushups are "nuts" and can barely hold themselves up in position when they try. Who needs the military press? I actually found this to be much harder because of all the stabilization. Unlike a machine or barbell, it feels like a lot more muscles are coming into play a bit more when doing them like that. Seems so with almost all the body weight exercises. No wonder aside from cosmetics, weight training has no functional use outside of the gym. Takes a bonehead like me to realize this!

"Oddly, since I had changed my diet from meats and animal to Vegan (inspired by the body builders you have shown on the Fitness fixer) I have had people comment that I seem to be getting bigger! This is kinda funny because I actually lost some mass and it is mostly body fat from the weightlifting diet (now changed to vegan) and doing these exercises in place of weight training. They often do not believe me when I say I have not touched the bench in 3 months or so now. =0"


How to get started with a wall handstand:

Mr. Davis' fun stories:

Mr. Jim Morris, Mr. America, vegan bodybuilder at age 72:

Healthy vegetarian ways - healthier nutrition and Earth resources by not mass producing, killing, and eating animals and their products:

Vegetarian and vegan bodybuilders and martial artists:



Watch for Fast Fitness this Friday to see what Robert Davis will show you next.


---
Read success stories of these methods and send your own.
Questions come in by the hundreds. I make posts from cool ones. Before asking, see if your answers are already here by clicking labels under posts, links in posts, and archives at right.

Subscribe to The Fitness Fixer, free. Click "updates via e-mail" (under trumpet) upper right.
Become certified through the Academy - Dr.Bookspan.com/Academy
Browse Dr. Jolie Bookspan's books on her website.
---

Image by Stephen Cummings via Flickr
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Permalink | Email Post

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home