When Did Health Become Thinking Out Of The Box? Arch Support Is Not From Shoes Which Shoes Help Exercise, Fall Prevention, and An... What Medical Students Told Me About Nutrition Happy Lunar New Year Stretching With a Friend - Partner Pectoral Stretch Each One Teach One Thank You Grand Rounds 3.21 Exercising With A Friend - Partner Leg Press Do Breathing Exercises Work? August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010

You Can Fix Your Own Knees

Jolie Bookspan, M.Ed, PhD, FAWM

E-mails have been coming in how readers quickly fixed their own pain and got better strengthening using the simple principle here on Fitness Fixer and my website.

Last week's post Each One Teach One showed how reader Ivy from New Zealand fixed a neighbors back pain.

This week is an e-mail from KMLash who quickly stopped 15 years of knee pain:
"Your paper on how to fix your knee pain is by far the most important thing that I've done for my knee since I injured it 15 years ago. I've tried every supplement that has good statistical results behind it (e.g. ASU), custom orthotics, physical therapy, message, leg strengthening, weight loss and any other cure that I read about and still I've been suffering with knee pain for years - especially when standing in 1 spot. It's put a damper on countless vacations, social engagements, etc.

"I read How to Fix Your Own Knee Pain and within a few days of implementing the techniques for both walking and standing I got results in my knee and surrounding muscles that I have not been able to get in 15 years. The first day I began using the techniques in your paper I began to experience relief and the second day it was obvious to me that I had come upon something that would do for me what nothing else did in 15 years of trying. I have never come across the concept of proper leg posture and its potential to relieve knee pain until I came across your paper. But the minute I read it and took a walk to try the techniques it became obvious to me that my leg posture was terrible and that all my weight was being placed on my knees with minimal support from my leg muscles. The concept of using my heels has been especially helpful. Additionally, keeping my body weight slightly backward from where it use to be during walking and standing has allowed me to place my weight on my heal and maintain proper posture. With that I immediately felt my leg muscles begin to spring into action and my body weight taken off my knees. The relief to my knee and surrounding muscles that has ached for years was very noticeable.

"Thanks for sharing this paper on the internet. It's a major find for me that's relieved knee pain that's hampered my life for 15 years. I really appreciate it."
KMLash

"One other point worth mentioning - In becoming aware of my leg posture, I became conscious of the position of my feet when standing. The foot on my "bad knee leg" pointed outward a good 15-20 degrees. The foot on my "good knee leg" pointed outward less than 5 degrees. I have consciously been pointing the foot on my bad knee leg straighter and it has allowed me to stand in one spot for long periods of time without my knee and the connective tissue above the knee hurting. So, just becoming aware of the concept of leg posture has made me conscious of various aspects of my posture including my feet.
Thanks again. "
KMLash

More Fitness Fixer to help get your knees in shape:
All in one sources:


It can be easy. You can get better use of your muscles during all your regular activities without stopping your day to "do exercise."

---
Read success stories of these methods and send your own.

Subscribe to The Fitness Fixer, free. Click "updates via e-mail" (under trumpet) upper right.
See Dr. Bookspan's Books, take a Class, get certified - DrBookspan.com/Academy.

---
Photo by BingBing

Labels: , ,

Permalink | Email Post

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home